5.0 to 4.6 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what you talkin bout turkey?

Im guessing the OP intentionally DP'ed for more coverage, not realizing it was unnecessary and mildly annoying.
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
      what you talkin bout turkey?

Im guessing the OP intentionally DP'ed for more coverage, not realizing it was unnecessary and mildly annoying.
      Hwat?

Comment

Funny

Originally posted by mrltd View Post
        someone must have copied instead of moved....

though I don't know why a 4.6 thread is in the 5.0 forum....
        Thats funny becasue they said the exact opposite in the 4.6 forum. Why are we talking about 5.0's in the 4.6 forum. I can't please everyone. I thought we were car guys, not internet geeks. I love this site. However, thats the only thing that makes me go out of my mind. When people get mad when somone violates some unspoke internet rule. We are all car guys right? Not children.
        Vehicle: 1965 Pontiac Catalina (fastback 2+2)
        Chasis: 1982 Ford LTD Country Squire
        Drivetrain: 302 V8 carb, AOD, 8.8 with 3.08 gears.
        Big Brake swap and front suspension completed.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
          4r70W, why are there two 5.0-4.6 swap threads!?
          I wanted to get the opinion of the 5.0 guys and the opinion of the 4.6 guys. Thats why I started TWO thread. Ill start five threads if I feel the need. Is it the end of the world? IS IT??? This is getting old. Oh yeah and guess what. I CHANGED the subject from 5.0/4.6 to transmissions! HA! Now what? should we move this whole thread to transmissions now? Which one? Aeros or boxes? Are we going to be computer forum rule nerds or mechanics. I have bigger more important things in my life to worry about and I like working on my car. The fucking thread posting police are pissing me off and im about to cancel my account. God damn, can I just start a thread without some little picky bitch pissing me off? I bet the people that get laid often dont care about how posts are placed.
          Vehicle: 1965 Pontiac Catalina (fastback 2+2)
          Chasis: 1982 Ford LTD Country Squire
          Drivetrain: 302 V8 carb, AOD, 8.8 with 3.08 gears.
          Big Brake swap and front suspension completed.
          sigpic

Comment

Good grief, I think that's the first time I've heard you talk that way.
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 82LTDQS View Post
              I bet the people that get laid often dont care about how posts are placed.
              I don't get laid often, and I don't really care where posts are placed. Its why I make a lousy moderator. The posting thing, not the lack of getting laid part, though speaking of which it sounds like you could do with some
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

sounds like someone had a bad day...you ok mang?
                -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

I wanted to get the opinion of the 5.0 guys and the opinion of the 4.6 guys. Thats why I started TWO thread. Ill start five threads if I feel the need. Is it the end of the world? IS IT??? This is getting old. Oh yeah and guess what. I CHANGED the subject from 5.0/4.6 to transmissions! HA! Now what? should we move this whole thread to transmissions now? Which one? Aeros or boxes? Are we going to be computer forum rule nerds or mechanics. I have bigger more important things in my life to worry about and I like working on my car. The fucking thread posting police are pissing me off and im about to cancel my account. God damn, can I just start a thread without some little picky bitch pissing me off? I bet the people that get laid often dont care about how posts are placed.
                  Bye

Comment

Bye
                    ouch
                    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

You posted the same question in two different forums. I don't see how you would need to ask the same question in two forums. Which is why I asked that there were 2 threads. Because, I posted in one, answering a question, while I clicked on what I thought was the other one, and finding that my post wasn't there. That's annoying, so if you have a problem with it, too bad. And thank you Pete for combining the two threads.

Comment

and attitude is the reason why people get banned or they leave, making two posts basically on the same topic in two seperate subforums probably wasnt the greatest idea in the world mang. No need to get all heated about this. If you choose to delete your account then do so, that is your perogative. Point is sounds like your having a bad day, so chill out go have a smoke or whatever, come back to the discussion when you feel calmer no need to escalate this into a big kadoo. thanks and have a great day!
                        89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

The logical answer to your threads would be to combine your 5 speed auto thread with this 4.6 thread and drop a 4.6 5 speed auto driveline from a explorer or lincoln aviator in there for the drivetrain of your dreams...

Comment

There's an interesting thought ......... thoroughly modernize everything all at once.
                            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

The other factory flaw is the hole for the direct clutch is too small, there's not enough fluid to get into there, which causes the direct clutch failure as well. The fix for that is drilling the hole bigger, to allow for more fluid volume into the direct clutch.
                              It's possible that I don't know what I'm talking about but it sounds like you described part of the J-Mod

Originally posted by ford man View Post
                              The logical answer to your threads would be to combine your 5 speed auto thread with this 4.6 thread and drop a 4.6 5 speed auto driveline from a explorer or lincoln aviator in there for the drivetrain of your dreams...
                              Has anyone around here done that before? It sounds awesome
                              2002 Crown Victoria LX - 124K miles

Comment

Originally posted by v8only View Post
                                not worth the work of all that rewiring and custom fabbing.

the 4.6 doesn't make a lot of power unless you get a supercharged terminator motor. Even the n/a cobra motors only make 300 hp.

you can get a 5.0 pushrod motor from a 96-01 explorer and with a different cam and valve springs, with the stock efi from the explorer, and a mustang distributor and computer make 300 flywheel hp all day long for junkyard pricing....and it should be pretty much bolt in for your car.
                                A 1999+ Cobra motor makes 320HP (275 RWHP) absolutely bone stock. No factory 302 can touch it, not even the Boss 302. That is with the factory smooth idle. Throwing a cam at a 302 may be easy but you give up that idle. There is nothing you can do to a 302 or 351W to make it look as cool as a 4V 4.6 motor.
                                If you are on a small budget, going from a 302 to a 4.6 is not in your future. Camming an Explorer motor makes more sense.
                                Last edited by Mercracer; 01-20-2011, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X