Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blaze's 86 SVT Vic (NEW HEADERS! - Updated: 10/10/06)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The EQ is not in the car yet. I decided to hold off on that because, I don't know where to put it. I don't really want it in the open. So I'm thinking of putting it so that it can be accessed through the glove box. I dunno though, so I'm holding off till I know where I want it.

The Crossovers have a switch on them. I would loved to have put them on the inside of the door, but then I would not be able to use the switch. And I like being able to use my settings. The switch alters the signal boost (+3db, 0, -3db) It seems to mave more effect on the tweeter only. I hav not decided what level I am going to keep it on yet, but I think +3db is where it will probobly be. It really brings out the depth in the audio.

Comment

I would have to say you have the coolest Crown Vic i have EVER seen !!! What a killer set up ! Very very nice

I love everything about your car and would not change anything Keep up the great work !

\'91 P72 Ford Crown Victoria 5.0L

Comment

Got new rear tires since I destroyed two in my accident. This time I got 255/60/R15 for the rear, instead of 245/60. Balances out really nice IMO. Also gave the new tires a little warm welcome. Couldn't use my linelock because I was out of hands, and I still need to replace that injector coughscottcough, I'm pretty much running on 7 and half cylinders 100% of the time now. I also removed all the wheel well chrome. I like it better without, but did not do it because of some crappy paint work on the passanger side, well now that is of little concern so off they went!

Pavement Burnout Video 0.7mb
        Driving down Driveway Video 0.8mb
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 10-11-2006, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Wow and I thoght the mm was a sleeper since nobody knows what it is still! That thing has to run like raped ape.

2005 Legacy GT *13.5 @ 96MPH*
          2003 Mercury Marauder *Totaled*

Comment

heck yeah the bigger size looks great, I can hardly tell they are bigger, it just looks balanced
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I some how forgot to post my fuel tank paint and fuel pump replacement pics on here.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 10-11-2006, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Also some random pics from the install of my WideRatio AOD the second time.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 10-11-2006, 04:48 PM.

Comment

god that's a georgious car blaze

mine is wheezing trying to drool over the prettyness

and your car really makes me think again about the vinyl top...
                  GMNRadio DJ, Podcast Co-Host
                  1984 Ford LTD Crown Victoria - Drag Car.
                  99 Ranger 2.5 - Parts hauler and Pit truck.
                  03 Mustang 3.8 Convertable - Head Gaskets fukered up
                  95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

Damn that must be a bitch to change out a tranny on jackstands. Did you wash the tank off before you painted it or did you paint it as is? Looks good!
                    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Dude I have to get a set of Cut-outs now! I was watching your vids (very entertaining) and the vid of you in the tunnel when you opened them up has me convinced that I need to get a set ASAP!. Where did you mount the switch?? I want to keep my interior free from switches in the dash or console. Also how hard was it to wire up? Ill probably end up going to a exhaust shop to do the install cause the Marauder has 2" EXHAUST!
                      Yes Crappy 2" for 300hp!!! Ill end up needing a reducer to make it work with some welding.
                      Thanks for any info

293 RWHP & 312 RWTQ
                      Many Bolt-ons and Dyno Tuning

Comment

yeah, the cutouts kick ass. i'm gonna throw a set on my vic when i do the exhaust
                        Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackened300a
                          Dude I have to get a set of Cut-outs now! I was watching your vids (very entertaining) and the vid of you in the tunnel when you opened them up has me convinced that I need to get a set ASAP!. Where did you mount the switch??
                          Here is the location of all my switches, except my line lock switch which is somewhere completely out of the way. The tach is now disconnected, because it is gay and is hoping all over the place. Soon to be replaced.

And yes the Cut-outs are super kick ass!! They always get the heads turning , BUT only when I want them too. I can't count the number of times I had them open to entice a guy and then close them just before passing a cop.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 10-11-2006, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zwack88
                            Damn that must be a bitch to change out a tranny on jackstands. Did you wash the tank off before you painted it or did you paint it as is? Looks good!
                            Actually changing the tranny on the jack stand is not bad. I swapped the tranny in about 4 hours with lots of "I'm freezung my ass off" breaks.

Yeah, I cleaned the tank pretty throughly before painting it. It wasn't rusted or anything, just dusty.

Comment

I just thought of this, do you have any pics of your vic totally stock before you did anything to it?
                              2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Originally posted by zwack88
                                I just thought of this, do you have any pics of your vic totally stock before you did anything to it?
                                I have one digital pic of the car before it had any exterior mods. Though the engine swap had already been done.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 10-11-2006, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X