No announcement yet.

My Rare and Interesting Findings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW NOS 84-87 LTD Crown VIctoria LX Electroluminescent Opera Coach Lamp Light

I cant say I have seen this before on a vic.. Any input on where this goes, pictures...mistaken identity?

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	389.3 KB
ID:	1395858

https://www.ebay.com/itm/17630766055...Bk9SR5yGwLvRYw

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

New NOS 1979-1986 Ford LTD Rear Door Lock Knob Set of 2

Name:	s-l960.png
Views:	197
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	1395860

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16667624741...Bk9SR_js4LvRYw
      ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

1980 1981 1982 Ford Mercury Lincoln NOS CB HAND HELD RADIO TRANSMITTER

Cool!

Name:	s-l960.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	324.5 KB
ID:	1395863

https://www.ebay.com/itm/20471681794...Bk9SR8r2przRYw
        ~David~

Comment

NOS 1982 - 1987 MERCURY GRAND MARQUIS COLONY PARK LOWER STEERING COLUMN BEARING

Views:	168
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	1395865

https://www.ebay.com/itm/39529190149...Bk9SR6SEs7zRYw

~David~

Comment

NOS OEM Ford E4AZ-9E731-A Vehicle Speed Sensor

Views:	190
Size:	801.5 KB
ID:	1395867

https://www.ebay.com/itm/14569168012...Bk9SR6zVwbzRYw
            ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by Arquemann View Post
              Found a set of "almost-HPPs" for sale for 110€. They look like HPPs and have the same bolt pattern as HPPs.

Click image for larger version Name:	100264675203.jpg?rule=big.jpg Views:	0 Size:	113.1 KB ID:	1395346

https://www.tori.fi/etela-karjala/_M...6_gd_125682541
              Buuut they're 14x6 +38...
              HPPs are a variant of a wheel produced by BBS, and at least some of the Ford wheels were actually made by BBS. The Fox platform cars (Mark VII LSC I think?) got a wheel that looks very similar but is higher offset than the Panther version, and it stands to reason that nearly identical wheels are probably out there with other bolt patterns and offsets as well.

There are (at least) 2 versions of the Panther wheel, as well. I think they roughly align with the 97-98 model year change from aero to whale, but their fitment is identical. They just look slightly different and one of them has a more fragile coating.

The Panther ones of either variant ended up being popular on some Japanese stuff...off the top of my head I'm thinking early RX-7.

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post

I cant say I have seen this before on a vic.. Any input on where this goes, pictures...mistaken identity?

Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l1600.jpg Views:	0 Size:	389.3 KB ID:	1395858

I believe there is a specific version of the vinyl top that accommodates this (or something like it) in the early years, but I am not sure about specifics and I don't think my vague memory of this at all agrees with 84-87 being years that might have that vinyl top. But E4 part number sure makes it seem like it would.

It's also possible that a specific dealer-option-aftermarket full carriage roof might use those as B-pillar coach lights.​

My memory tells me I've seen this but not where, when, or anything else about it.

New NOS 1979-1986 Ford LTD Rear Door Lock Knob Set of 2

Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l960.png Views:	0 Size:	1.10 MB ID:	1395860

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16667624741...Bk9SR_js4LvRYw
              Was it only the Lincolns in the early years that got the flat-top rear lock knobs? I feel like I've seen them on Ford/Mercury as well (in which case, that part does fit a 79 but isn't correct for a 79, and there's no reason for it to end at 86).
              Last edited by kishy; 03-29-2024, 04:15 PM.

Current driver: wagon
              Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
              | 88 TC | 91 GM
              Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
              Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
              | Junkyards

Comment

I have seen those weird B-pillar lights on exactly two cars, both Crown Vic's with full vinyl tops. I started disassembling a set in the junkyard way back in the day to add to my 82 but I remember the wiring was quite a mess and left it. The other set was on a car driving down the road.

Very certain that 82 also had the flat top lock knobs.
                1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I remember someone mentioning they had found a set with the ballast driver and all that. The master parts manual says 84-86 ASC build. Guessing thats a car that ASC did the roof on rather than Ford.

Name:	image.png
Views:	173
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	1395883

and yes the LSC got the different offset BBS style wheels. I think there was something else earlier that got them too, maybe in a 15" version that were actually made by BBS in Germany.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Views:	199
Size:	389.3 KB
ID:	1395858

Super strange, especially running at 110 volts. Is it basically like one of those little panel night lights that plug straight into an AC outlet and glow green? Did it just make an iridescent glow that was super cool/rare for the 80s? Curious to see what they looked like on at night.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
                    1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
                    1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

Found it: https://www.flickr.com/photos/autohistorian/14500467326
                      I knew I'd seen that somewhere before.

Note the very thin but long coach lamp on the B-pillar, which Fords normally didn't get.

For me, the question is where did they get the high voltage from? Was this maybe only available in conjunction with the heated windshield, to make use of the high voltage bits?
                      Last edited by kishy; 03-30-2024, 12:50 PM.

Current driver: wagon
                      Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
                      | 88 TC | 91 GM
                      Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
                      Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
                      | Junkyards

Comment

Oh wow. Would you look at that. Mind blown.
                        ~David~

Comment

Ford NOS 1980 1981 1982 Crown Victoria Power Antenna E0AZ-18813-A

Views:	135
Size:	372.7 KB
ID:	1395981

https://www.ebay.com/itm/30548702266...Bk9SR_KN9YLUYw
                          ~David~

Comment

I wonder what those coach lamps look like too. I've never seen a set in the wild, only in photos.
                            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I bet they were just a long strip version of these old electroluminescent night lights (you can still buy them, they just aren't as cool as they used to be). Looks like a little black box on the wiring to convert from 12V to 110V (probably just a DC boost converter?).
                              Attached Files

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
                              1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
                              1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

yeah, electroluminesent panels and a boost converter are most likely what you're seeing here. The EL panels I know of are sort of a soft green color but I don't think they have to be green. Chryslers from the mid 60s had that sort of lighting in the dash.
                                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                                X