Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ford ltd cv - Fuelinjected to carb. All info accreciated :).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford ltd cv - Fuelinjected to carb. All info accreciated :).

Okei so i got this half fuel injected carb thing ford were creating in 1984'ish (Not with the plastinc cover And EFI letters atop) and the TFI is gone, And since i live on iceland it costs to much getting it, i have decided to swap to a Carb since i got New hei distributor, Carb from another 302 i bought and intake manifold, I think the manifold that's on will fit tho.

so my question is, is there anything else i need to change?
    Such as fuel pump ? fuel lines or somthing like that?

And which is better this old half fuelinjected system or a 2barrel carb ?
    All infomation is very appreciated.

Many thanks - Ingvi.

-Ford Ltd Crown Vic 1984 5.0.

if you have an external fuel pump (not sure when they went to the in-tank high pressure pump) it will live above the fuel filter. If it is there, you can remove that and tie the lines together and just use the in-tank low pressure pump. If you have only the in-tank pump, you'll need to swap that for a low pressure pump or fit in a fuel pressure regulator that will drop the pressure down to the levels the carb can handle.

as for which system is better? they both have pros and cons. When it works, the injected version works without fuss and just goes. When it doesn't, it's a pain to troubleshoot. A carb will always have some fussiness in the cold and may need regular tuning, but you can almost always find a cheap way to fix a carb.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

will it affect my AOD somehow ? (c4 trans)

Comment

You need a special cable from Lokar. Aod kickdown cable. It will allow your carburetor to connect to the transmission properly.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Would it be cheaper to repair what you already have as opposed to changing everything around??? Figure in the "grief" factor!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Not really, The cable costs 100$, But the TFI stuff around 400+$ when its shipped and everything to me. and since i dont like this CFI System i just want to change it out since this TFI is gone..

Comment

there is a direct swap carb out there... I don't remember which one it is though. Motorcraft 2150? that will bolt up to the trans linkage no issue without any mods or aftermarket cables.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

The 2150 is one of the factory equipped carbs. However it was also used in a billion other vehicles including non-Ford and there are versions of it that don't have the right connection for the linkage, so one would need to verify what the carb came from.

FYI the 2150 on my '83 has the ID tag E3AE EA. There's a list of 2100 and 2150 ID tags out there, if I recall correctly it's about a page long.

Current driver: wagon
                Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
                | 88 TC | 91 GM
                Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
                Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
                | Junkyards

Comment

Its the 2bbl off I think the 1982 Tbird 5.0.

Yes, the AOD will affect the C4 trans. It will make the C4 jealous of it's extra gear.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                  X