PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: kishy's 1983 Grand Marquis 2dr

Approaching 2 decades of DDing Box Panthers VicCrownVic's Avatar

Speaking of seats, those look like GS seats. At least if it were a later model those would be GS seats, or did earlier LS trim cars get those seats too? I'll take the GS cloth seats over the LS cloth seats any day.
    Vic

~ 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "The Scab" - plenty of rot, summer DD
    ~ 1997 GMC Yukon - wannabe winter DD - returning summer 2020, I finally have an engine
    ~ 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis GS "The Ice Car" - My rotting winter DD
    ~ 1989 Mercury Grand Marquis GS - Rotting Retired DD
    Gone but not forgotten:
    ~ 1988 Country Squire ~ 1987 Ford Crown Vic

all the CFI are belong to me

83 Marti report:

Last edited by kishy; 08-07-2019 at 10:10 PM.

83 GM 2dr POTM 10/2019 | 84 TC POTM 1/2017 & 4/2019 | 85 CS | 85 Ranger | 91 GM POTM 12/2017 | Junkyards

I wonder if retiree purchase plan was for someone leaving Ford and they got to option a car of their choosing. I wonder though looking back at the beginning of this thread if the previously registered owner who passed was the original owner of the car.

These reports you got are pretty dang neat.

My Cars:
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1989 Sable LS Wagon (88,710 Miles) - Sold
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (210K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Kodachrome Wolf View Post
    I wonder if retiree purchase plan was for someone leaving Ford and they got to option a car of their choosing. I wonder though looking back at the beginning of this thread if the previously registered owner who passed was the original owner of the car.

These reports you got are pretty dang neat.
    The car was one-owner before me, and I bought it from the POA...it was her deceased father's car. In Ontario, a mandatory part of vehicle ownership transfer is the new owner seeing the history of owners and if any liens are outstanding, so I know it was only ever registered to the one guy.

I think the retiree plan is the Z plan, which is still around today.

83 GM 2dr POTM 10/2019 | 84 TC POTM 1/2017 & 4/2019 | 85 CS | 85 Ranger | 91 GM POTM 12/2017 | Junkyards

Pretty cool. I like these Marti Report things. If only something similar was available for GM vehicles.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Today, this car was in attendance at the 2019 Metro Detroit meet. My friend drove the wagon to the meet with me in the 83, and then we traded for the duration of the day.

After we split off from the meet, we took some photos. I'm going to post most of these in the threads for both cars to make them easier to find later; sorry for the spam in the meantime.

Your friend have a favorite after driving both of them?
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    Your friend have a favorite after driving both of them?
    He actually likes them both a lot, for very different reasons. The wagon is ratty and he likes its rattiness. The 83 is dead silent and actually drives very well. It's a very soft and plush car.

Seemed like the 83 came out as the one he liked more. It's a far cry from most of his vehicles...he's got a bunch of RHD Japanese stuff which I'd describe as his main theme, but also some other oddballs like first gen Insights and a couple military vehicles. But he's also got a 2000 Grand Marquis which he's come to really love as well.

Man, when I go to officially list my Town Car I ought to have you do the photo shoot. Those pics turned out really well. Did you intentionally remove the inside parking lights from the Ford or they just don't work?

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    Man, when I go to officially list my Town Car I ought to have you do the photo shoot. Those pics turned out really well. Did you intentionally remove the inside parking lights from the Ford or they just don't work?
    I think I have a bit of an eye for composition, but I'm not really in the same class as a photographer. I'd be glad to partake, of course.

The inner parking lights on the Ford do not work. New bulb in each side. I am suspecting they were intentionally disabled by one of the previous owners, for reasons that are not apparent, because both sides together being out for issues like dirty terminals is just not likely (more likely it'd be one only).

Eh, your photos look good to me. Just 'cause you didn't go to photography class or got low grades in it doesn't mean you're not or can't be in the same league as those who have. Just look at the guy who started FedEx, his professors essentially told him his idea was a lost cause.

Oh, yeah statistics would agree with you there. That's the thing I like about the Ferds- all the lights up front.

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

when I take pictures you end up with an off-kilter and out of focus shot that probably has my thumb in it. I have no eye for it at all. Also why you never see me post pictures of anything.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Eh, at least your YouTube vids are entertaining.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12