IAC interchange?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IAC interchange?

In a box of NOS parts I bought is an IAC Part# F0DZ-9F715-A. Fits 88-91 Taurus. Looks exactly the same as IACs on my 5.0 LOPOs. Even the plug is angled correctly. Anybody know if it will work on my cars or if I can use the motor off of it? WagonMan
    89 Colony Park
    90 Colony Park
    70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Well I do not have a definitive answer but based on my tinkering experience, if the plug fits and it mounts up to the same spot the LoPo's use, it'll work.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

What I've noticed about the IAC for other engines (specifically certain 2.3s) is that it seems to have a somewhat shorter solenoid half, while the valve half remains the same.

This might mean that for a given amount of "open" being requested by the computer, the smaller and larger ones open different amounts.

However, according to RockAuto's application matrix for the Standard AC20 and Wells 4J1007 which both replace that Ford #, it applies to most EFI vehicles of that time period (including 86-91 LTDCV and 86-95 Taurus among others).

I'd give it a shot. Seems like it should work.

Current driver: Ranger
      Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
      | 88 TC | 91 GM
      Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
      Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
      | Junkyards

Comment

Electrically they all operate the same. Just make sure you wire up the connector correctly.

Comment

I dug out my old Tomco Catalog, F0DZ-9F715-* crosses to a Tomco 8490, and *Every* single ford product, and engine size lists the same Tomco IAC (#8490).
          Basically everything from 1986-1992 2.3L, 3L, 3.8L, 4.0L, 5L. Car, Truck, Van (trucks include the 4.9L, 5.8L and 7.5L) And yes, that includes panthers and the Topaz, Taurus, even the SHO taurus.

So, yeah, practically universal.

Alex.

Comment

Thanks to all that responded. Funny thing is I have 5 good used ones that I will use before wasting an NOS one on my two junks. LOL! WagonMan
            89 Colony Park
            90 Colony Park
            70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Working...
            X