EEC-IV Monitor & Monitor Recorder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EEC-IV Monitor & Monitor Recorder

Back when I first started troubleshooting the nightmarish problems my 84 Town Car gave me when it was still new to me, I went on an eBay binge buying specialty tools.
    These two items, which I believe provide what fundamentally amounts to datalogging, have not been touched since I bought them.
    Is anyone interested in these?

Unfortunately the one piece of the recorder unit is damaged, but it looks unlikely to affect function and happened in the time I've had these items in storage. The plastic on that piece is fairly brittle.
    I am not sure that these are complete and I believe they probably need some form of overlay sheets/manual/pinout map in order to be fully useful, but again, not really sure.

I'm thinking 50 USD plus shipping cost. If you're available to meet on my schedule along my road trip in May, I can bring them with me if we've pre-arranged something.

I do reserve the right to change my mind about selling these, because looking at them again, I think they're really cool. But if you're interested, let me know, because they do take up a fair bit of space I don't necessarily have.
    Last edited by kishy; 03-09-2024, 01:38 AM.

Current driver: wagon
    Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
    | 88 TC | 91 GM
    Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
    Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
    | Junkyards

If they aren't spoken for by then, feel free to bring them with you when you head through this way and I'll take them. Probably will just sit on my shelf looking cool too.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I'd take them after I finish my degree at NASA! These boys look serious and with a good manual may be very useful. I assume they have all the required cabling?
      What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
      What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

I still have a brand new breakout box for eec-iv. Used it like 4 times. If i was still using eec-iv ecu i would gladly buy these. But since switching to Holley EFI it's really not necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          If they aren't spoken for by then, feel free to bring them with you when you head through this way and I'll take them. Probably will just sit on my shelf looking cool too.
          Noted, and honestly, I prefer the option where I don't have to ship them, so this is an alright outcome.
          I do have one local friend who may want them, so as you said...if they aren't spoken for.

Originally posted by friskyfrankie View Post
          I'd take them after I finish my degree at NASA! These boys look serious and with a good manual may be very useful. I assume they have all the required cabling?
          I believe the cabling is complete. The monitor has an integrated cable that sandwiches between the ECM and the vehicle harness, and the recorder has a pair of integrated cables that attach to the monitor. If anything is missing, I don't know what it is.

Originally posted by massacre View Post
          I still have a brand new breakout box for eec-iv. Used it like 4 times. If i was still using eec-iv ecu i would gladly buy these. But since switching to Holley EFI it's really not necessary.
          I have a breakout box and have found it pretty useful, but like you, only a few times. It's so inconvenient to pull out the connector for the computer that backprobing the sensors tends to win unless I'm going really in-depth on a problem.

I guess the monitor is basically just a breakout box that provides integrated measurement and indicators - so instead of plugging 2 different multimeters into the BOB and going for a test drive, you can use the monitor to do it for you.

I would agree, any modern replacement EFI system is going to let you do way more, and more easily. Probably just plug in a USB cable and watch all the graphs scroll across on your laptop.
          Last edited by kishy; 03-09-2024, 12:56 PM.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
          | Junkyards

Comment

Originally posted by kishy View Post
            I am not sure that these are complete and I believe they probably need some form of overlay sheets/manual/pinout map in order to be fully useful, but again, not really sure.
            I have a feeling that this is the manual for it: https://www.ebay.com/itm/204402355301

There are other ones for other engine management variants as well.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
            | Junkyards

Comment

Working...
            X