Clear All

The same seller has an “O” now too.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
      The same seller has an “O” now too.
      Well usually the O comes with the D, but not always
      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Only if you do it right
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

NOS Ford LTD Crown Victoria Steering Wheel 1984-89

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l500.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	1389516

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15561081635...Bk9SR77vsJaZYg
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Two box Mercs popped up for sale here:

Pretty clean Colony Park
            https://www.nettiauto.com/mercury/gr...rquis/13684902

Grand Marq (which I tried to buy in 2019). Condition has gone wayyy downhill and price over tripled??
            https://www.nettiauto.com/mercury/gr...rquis/13684011

Common nominator being stupid mismatched interiors. The wagon rear seat is understandable due to Finland and taxes, but everything else, ugh!
            1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
            1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

Originally posted by Arquemann View Post

Pretty clean Colony Park

Grand Marq (which I tried to buy in 2019). Condition has gone wayyy downhill and price over tripled??

Common nominator being stupid mismatched interiors. The wagon rear seat is understandable due to Finland and taxes, but everything else, ugh!
              No where in condition to sell at that price - someone is on some serious drugs!
              What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
              What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Originally posted by Arquemann View Post

Pretty clean Colony Park

I suppose the question, when it comes to price, is: what is the all-in cost to buy a similar condition similar car in a market where it was sold new, and then ship and import it?

I have a hard time believing it's 26 thousand Euros, but if by chance it's close, it isn't actually a completely ridiculous price. Just mildly ridiculous.

Current driver: wagon
                Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
                | 88 TC | 91 GM
                Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
                Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
                | Junkyards

Comment

Not knowing the market values in Finland makes it difficult to fully evaluate the price. If it were in the US, I would say the seller is, at best, overly "hopeful" as to the asking price!

Comment

26k is somewhere between laughably ridiculous and a typo. Way beyond "very hopeful".
                    The wagon is a bit high, mainly as theres basically no market for box fords. in Finland. You can pick a good condition Caprice wagon for 5-6k, sedans are rarer but usually in better condition.
                    Box caprices might be the only ones that arent all grey imports. Not quite sure.
                    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
                    1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

I was being kind by saying "hopeful". Psychotic is actually closer to what I really feel.

Comment

if someone pays it, who is the bigger fool, the person that paid it or us saying nobody will pay it? There are lots of things that people pay what I consider to be way too much money for, but that wouldn't stop me from taking their money if I had one to sell.
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I always say anything is worth as high as what the dumbest person will pay for it

Comment

a less polite version of "the highest price the market will bear" but probably more honest. Right along with "a fool and his money are soon parted".

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                              a less polite version of "the highest price the market will bear" but probably more honest. Right along with "a fool and his money are soon parted".
                              +10000!

Comment

Picked up some Air Bag sensors for the aero. There are 9 available....definitely something to stock for the future....price seems fair.

Attached Files

1978 Grand Marquis 460 2door "Blue Bomber"

1987 LTD Crown Vic Canadian Tow Package 351w aka the "MI Mountie"

1989 Colony Park ....Marge still lives!

1979 Marquis creamy goodness

Comment

Working...
                                X