Moog K8600 upper ball joints ('92-'94) on wholesaler close out at Rock Auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moog K8600 upper ball joints ('92-'94) on wholesaler close out at Rock Auto

I was looking at parts for my eventual big brake swap and decided to snatch these up now as they're on close out for $5.57 each. Normal price is $43.79 each.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4116.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	396.3 KB
ID:	1303993 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4117.PNG
Size:	415.9 KB
ID:	1303994
    Last edited by Giraffe; 09-05-2017, 03:00 PM.
    —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
    1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
    1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
    1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Unless I'm mistaken, that's the "old design" that was "superseded" by the newer ones, right?

It doesn't cross to 95-02 cars but it obviously will work, since one can use the 92-94 arms with the 95+ ball joints.

Buying a hideous quantity of these. Thanks for the heads up! I don't have any 92-94 cars in my vehicle list so I never would have seen these, I normally shop by 96 or 01 for those parts.

Current driver: wagon
    Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
    | 88 TC | 91 GM
    Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
    Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
    | Junkyards

Comment

yeah you can use 92-94 on 95-02 but you need one left and one right. The later design used the same part number for both sides.

I might throw a pair of those on the shelf just for spares. Its what I run on my car.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        yeah you can use 92-94 on 95-02 but you need one left and one right. The later design used the same part number for both sides.

I might throw a pair of those on the shelf just for spares. Its what I run on my car.
        I really hesitate to challenge you on this, but are you sure about the left/right thing?

When I did my '91, I used the part for 95-02 (I would have bought based on a 2001 application). There was no description of left vs right, same part spec'd for both sides. However, you can clearly see looking at the part that it curves in a particular direction, as if it should be throwing the caster positive on one side, and negative on the other. It looks like a side-specific part, but it seems to have enough range of adjustment to make up for it since it aligned OK...

| 88 TC | 91 GM
        | Junkyards

Comment

Greaseable... may order a pair myself.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
            Greaseable... may order a pair myself.
            Yes...if it is the actual Problem Solver part like it says, in private label packaging (my past experience says to bet on it being a CarQuest branded box that's as old as time), it's a killer deal.

I ordered 6. 2 for wagon, 2 for Lincoln, 2 for 2dr. 91 is already wearing Problem Solvers purchased for 50 bucks a pop.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
            | Junkyards

Comment

This may solve the left/right issue. According to Moog site.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170905-172305.png
Size:	151.5 KB
ID:	1282218

-1994 Lincoln Town Car...always under construction

Comment

Originally posted by kishy View Post
                Yes...if it is the actual Problem Solver part like it says, in private label packaging (my past experience says to bet on it being a CarQuest branded box that's as old as time), it's a killer deal.

I ordered 6. 2 for wagon, 2 for Lincoln, 2 for 2dr. 91 is already wearing Problem Solvers purchased for 50 bucks a pop.
                I was thinking the same thing, but it's cheap enough that I was willing to take the chance.

One wholesaler close out I did a few years ago was some Motorcraft FL300S filters for my '95 Cobra. I ended up receiving a bunch of filters that looked like they had been made in the '70s. They worked fine, though. I only have one left.
                —John

1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)

Comment

They arrived today. They look more or less legit. One has a black boot, the other has a blue one. Instructions say they were printed in '96. Package says they were made in the USA. What say y'all?
                  Attached Files
                  —John

Comment

Looks like the exact thing I was hoping they'd be, personally. Right down to the CarQuest box lol.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                    | Junkyards

Comment

yep, old good ones.
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

For box folk, the TRW 10334 upper ball joint is on closeout for $8.08 and the TRW 18845 pitman arm is going for $8.61

Comment

The experts have spoken. Looks like it was worth it! Thanks!
                          —John

Comment

I got 1.75 of them today. One was "missing" the grease boot. Rather the boot was in about 30 pieces. Already got RA to send another. Hopefully I get a black boot and not the blue one.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            Originally posted by gadget73
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I ordered a pair and some other things too. Nothing like going to spend 10 bucks and checking out for 75. I have a pitman arm and a pair of Permadry valve cover gaskets on the way. Didn't need the gaskets exactly but you don't find them for 13 bucks very often.

Comment

Working...
                              X