1984(?) LTD Crown Victoria base model in Fort Worth - $2500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1984(?) LTD Crown Victoria base model in Fort Worth - $2500

Guy says it's an '84, but it has SEFI. Base model he says is a one-owner car. Some dents that look like elderly owner had a run-in with some parking poles.

Attached Files
    —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
    1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
    1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
    1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

More pictures.
    Attached Files
    —John

1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)

Comment

Crack Head on many level.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Wow that thing's a stripper lol. Clock delete, manual windows/locks/mirrors, base model dome light, no autolamp, no cornering lamps, dealer-installed cruise, no bumper rub strips. Factory slicktop!

Radio may not be base, in earlier years the base radio didn't have cassette...but either way, this was a "give me the cheapest big car you have" deal.

SEFI and "original engine" as claimed pretty much guarantees it's 86-87...
        Last edited by kishy; 10-30-2017, 04:49 PM.

Current driver: wagon
        Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
        | 88 TC | 91 GM
        Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
        Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
        | Junkyards

Comment

What nerve does this person have threatening to RAISE the already outrageously HIGH selling price if he waxes it. Its a totaled car already.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Given the coil is on the fender liner instead of the A/C bracket, I’m going to say it’s an 1986. Cold air a plus, but body damage and basic $1,200 max, and that’s pushing it.

My Cars:
            -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
            -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
            -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
            -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

I think more like $600 max and i’m usually lenient on high box prices. That left quarter panel is trashed bad almost to the point of needing a donor. And it smokes? And it needs water sprayed on it for the pic? And craprice hubcaps? C’mon man.

Please no one ever call anything a “peach” on a car. Unless it’s that color.
              1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
              1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
              Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
              Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                That's great advice
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Cold air and beater basic... $1200 max. My 88... beat as it was, pretty much rust free, and perfectly functional in every regard went for $1400 with salvage branded title. Definite crack pipe price.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Appears to be a 86. Dealer installed cruise and radio. I remember those radios in the showroom display. Dealers made more money selling the crappy aftermarket units on display than the factory installed units. Oldsmobile wheel covers. Too bad the body damage will cost half as much to repair correctly as he is asking for the car. Is the seller a relative or a flipper ?

Comment

Dang anyone ever paid $1000 for a tune-up and wax? I sure to hell haven't. Also wouldn't pay more than $1000 for this fuckin' car but that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by kishy View Post
                        Wow that thing's a stripper lol. Clock delete, manual windows/locks/mirrors, base model dome light, no autolamp, no cornering lamps, dealer-installed cruise, no bumper rub strips. Factory slicktop!

Radio may not be base, in earlier years the base radio didn't have cassette...but either way, this was a "give me the cheapest big car you have" deal.

SEFI and "original engine" as claimed pretty much guarantees it's 86-87...
                        Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                        What nerve does this person have threatening to RAISE the already outrageously HIGH selling price if he waxes it. Its a totaled car already.
                        Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                        I think more like $600 max and i’m usually lenient on high box prices. That left quarter panel is trashed bad almost to the point of needing a donor. And it smokes? And it needs water sprayed on it for the pic? And craprice hubcaps? C’mon man.

All of this, what a turd lol. It's a stripper and not the good kind..
                        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I'm also pretty sure the picture in which is looks so shiny...its just wet. Slippery slimy seller! I wish I could get $1000 more for a car with a tuneup and wax! lol
                          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

I knew y'all would pick this apart. Haha!
                            —John

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                              I'm also pretty sure the picture in which is looks so shiny...its just wet. Slippery slimy seller! I wish I could get $1000 more for a car with a tuneup and wax! lol
                              What makes it even worse is when they say stuff like that in their ad, "If I fix _____ it'll be $$$ more." or try and say how much stuff costs as if they're going to get it back, LMAO...

Originally posted by Giraffe View Post
                              I knew y'all would pick this apart. Haha!
                              One of my favorite things to do lol, I love trolling CL...
                              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
                              X