Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BuffaloRider View Post
    Awesome!
    I was just trolling around the site and stumbled onto this thread...........read every post..............amazing! Just have no words!
    My '86 MGM Tudor is sand beige, but looks to be darker than yours.
    At 87K miles mine looks like it has gone through the wars of a NYC parked car..........if I could do a quick resto and have it look like yours, I would be supremely happy.

Good luck she is amazing!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0077.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	1274213

Comment

Zach, I hope you are bringing it to STAP.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post

+1. You know how long it's been since I've seen a nice, clean Tudor?
        1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
          That's the plan, if not, you know what I'll be in.
          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by Toploader View Post
            My '86 MGM Tudor is sand beige, but looks to be darker than yours.
            There were two beige colors on box CV/GMs. Is your vinyl roof a lighter shade than the paint? If so it's like mine, darker beige with lighter vinyl.

Zach, I have no doubt this will be another work of art like the rest of your cars. Keep up the good work! Your '89 is one of the main sources of inspiration for my 5spd Tudor project.
            RyPow
            1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX sedan - The "Sand Box" - 73K, towing package
            1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX Tutone Tudor - '96 Explorer 5.0 + 5spd swap in the works
            1985 Lincoln Town Car Cartier - previously owned by "navguy12" from thelincolnforum.net
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited, 102k, daily driver
            2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, 115k, winter beats
            1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car, 42k
            2012 F-150 5.0L 4x4, HD payload pkg (towing/hauling)
            2015 Toyota RAV4 XLE AWD (better half's)

Comment

Nice work! What color and kind of paint did you use for the accessory brackets?

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by RyPow View Post
                Zach, I have no doubt this will be another work of art like the rest of your cars. Keep up the good work! Your '89 is one of the main sources of inspiration for my 5spd Tudor project.
                Thanks, but this car is kinda a pile up close.
                Originally posted by packman View Post
                Nice work! What color and kind of paint did you use for the accessory brackets?
                Packman
                VHT cast aluminum, I like factory colors.

"gauges" mounted:

Factory trans cooler and p/s cooler mounted,
                2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

That tach is so ridiculous, I love it. What's the resolution like? does it count up by 500, 100rpm?

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                  160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                  waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

If memory serves me correctly I believe the retro gauge does oil, volts and water temp. o sure if it ALSO served as a tach.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Where did you get that? Its the perfect sort of thing to fit into that Towncar CD player console I've been meaning to turn into a gauge cluster for several years. It looks so very 1980s.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                        If memory serves me correctly I believe the retro gauge does oil, volts and water temp.
                        Yep, just the typical 3. Not sure if I'll even do a tach though one would be nice.
                        Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                        Where did you get that? Its the perfect sort of thing to fit into that Towncar CD player console I've been meaning to turn into a gauge cluster for several years. It looks so very 1980s.
                        Looks like the guy I bought it from is all out. The fact it looks so 80's is the reason I bought it. I doubt it's super accurate, but it's fairly compact and looks at home in the car.

Comment

Nah, he's got more, new listing. Just search "Equus 6270" and you'll find it.

I may or may not have bought one, even though I absolutely don't need it (91 with functional temp gauge, oil pressure gauge already mounted, and voltmeter is when I notice the lights dim...)

Current drivers: wagon + 91
                          Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
                          | 88 TC | 91 GM
                          Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
                          Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
                          | Junkyards

Comment

The gauge trio looks good there. Def would fit awesome in a grey interior. I have an extra, still in the package(I bout two of them, over the winter).

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I see all of the tranny coolers mount crooked like that. Just a slight tilt upwards towards the passengers side. Mine mounted up the same way. Nice work Zach.
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                                I see all of the tranny coolers mount crooked like that. Just a slight tilt upwards towards the passengers side. Mine mounted up the same way. Nice work Zach.

Ya, they mount silly anyways, thanks.

Little more work done under the hood.

And.......

Comment

Working...
                                X