No announcement yet.

Cars in Ontario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just want those seats. Exactly what I am looking for.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

This has to be the quickest someone tried to flip a car. Gone from $800 to $2500 but seeing pics of the undercarriage makes me sad I didn't buy it in time.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...ationFlag=true

Comment

Tells me no longer available... hmmm I guess it’s flip time #2?
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Looks like the ad got pulled. Wonder if my witty email had something to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
            Looks like the ad got pulled. Wonder if my witty email had something to do with it.
            You savage!
            ************************************************** ******************************
            1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**
            1985 Crown Vic in 2-Tone Blue **SOLD**
            http://automophiliac.blogspot.ca/

Comment

Me gusta.
              https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars...ationFlag=true

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
                Beat me to it!

Also though... this is like the fourth time this car has been listed in the last 2 years spread out over 2 owners.

Still... if I had a few grand laying around I would snatch it up. Black tudor is clutch.
                ************************************************** ******************************
                1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**

Comment

Black with red velour interior, so sexy. Too bad it must have been repainted, the faded tops of those rear seats give it away. Was most likely a neglected car with gremlins that are starting to show. I mean, it's a CFI car after all But, If it had ditch lights, I'd be all over it. Certifiable CFI defector here.
                  1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                  1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Orillia, ON via Facebook:

It's my interior colour too, but unfortunately the driver door panel has a crack. I may have been willing to make the 8 hour round trip if it were perfect.

Current driver: Ranger
                    Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
                    | 88 TC | 91 GM
                    Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
                    Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
                    | Junkyards

Comment

Poverty top too! Looks solid. Shame the bastard won't sell it whole.
                      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                        Black with red velour interior, so sexy. Too bad it must have been repainted, the faded tops of those rear seats give it away. Was most likely a neglected car with gremlins that are starting to show. I mean, it's a CFI car after all But, If it had ditch lights, I'd be all over it. Certifiable CFI defector here.
                        I think this car is carbureted. If I remember correctly... the first person selling it a couple of years ago had some under the hood pics (additionally, I believe this car has no A/C)... and it looked like the same set up that I had in my '85.

I believe a lot of Canadian cars had carbs in '85. Not sure if that was the case universally across the country, but the few '85 CVs and MGMs with 302s I've seen around these parts have been outfitted with 2150 2bbl carbs.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanP View Post
                          I think this car is carbureted. If I remember correctly... the first person selling it a couple of years ago had some under the hood pics (additionally, I believe this car has no A/C)... and it looked like the same set up that I had in my '85.

I believe a lot of Canadian cars had carbs in '85. Not sure if that was the case universally across the country, but the few '85 CVs and MGMs with 302s I've seen around these parts have been outfitted with 2150 2bbl carbs.
                          The conventional wisdom is that there was no CFI in Canada, thus, there is no such thing as a non-carb Canadian market Panther prior to 1986.

This may be a Ford-Mercury thing, though. My Lincoln is a Canadian-market car, sold new at a Canadian dealer, with CFI.

The 2150 was the factory-supplied carb on the 302 when not equipped with a VV, and it's not clear to me that the 302 got the VV, maybe only the 351.

Current driver: Ranger
                          Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
                          | 88 TC | 91 GM
                          Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
                          Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
                          | Junkyards

Comment

Originally posted by kishy View Post
                            The conventional wisdom is that there was no CFI in Canada, thus, there is no such thing as a non-carb Canadian market Panther prior to 1986.

This may be a Ford-Mercury thing, though. My Lincoln is a Canadian-market car, sold new at a Canadian dealer, with CFI.

The 2150 was the factory-supplied carb on the 302 when not equipped with a VV, and it's not clear to me that the 302 got the VV, maybe only the 351.
                            I think it was just a Ford-Mercury thing... and probably only relegated to Panthers under those marques. I've known Lincolns to have the VV carb and the CFI. Fox bodies in Canada got the CFI (Auto mustang GTs, Thunderbirds, Cougars... the Ford LTD lx or whatever the 'performance' version of it was). I have seen VV carbs on 302s in photos of early non-Lincoln Panthers, but I can't remember if they were Canadian or not. Definitely on the 351s though.

Comment

I know for 1980, fuel injection(CFI) was a big thing. Thus being offered hard on the Lincoln brand. If you look in the early brochures, you will see how everything driveline wise, revolves around CFI with the AOD being the ultimate for efficiency lol... Yes, I just LOL'ed.

Also, 302's with the 2150 seems pretty standard on box panthers, here in Canada. VV carbs were a 351 thing but, early panthers got VV carbs on 302s for a very short time. I believe for had a recall on them in '82.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Nice looking slicktop.

LSE

Comment

Working...
                                X