PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread: My '85 MGM, "Maisa"

Quote Originally Posted by Arquemann View Post
    Oh, I didn't see anything that would indicate a seal having been there. The mesh screen hasn't been off there in a longass time, if ever.

Attachment 58036 Attachment 58038
    There's some crapstains and tree trash at the bottom, I guess there's a small water drain somewhere there that I can't quite see.
    If you look down the hole under the filter you will see a small drain, the windsheild water for the most water takes a side detour towards the fender where there is a channel to drain water. If you look at the rocker by the front fender you'll see an overlap/louver looking thing which is the water exit.

Another infuriating issue arises, the left channel on the stereo drops out randomly...
    Not sure if it goes out completely, or just goes very quiet. Sometimes it comes back by itself, most times I've switched the radio off and back on, it seems to fix it everytime.
    A couple times I've also increased the volume by quite a bit and then back down again, maybe that fixed it too or it came back by itself.

Do I have a poor contact issue or is my head unit or amplifier going out?
    The new door speakers I've installed should be plugged in quite firmly. Are the dash/door speakers wired in series?
    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"

Could have some oxidized switches in the head unit or a short in the wiring. If you repeatedly turn the volume unit lower and higher does it change? I would try the balance switches well and see if that makes a difference.
    What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Quote Originally Posted by friskyfrankie View Post
    Could have some oxidized switches in the head unit or a short in the wiring. If you repeatedly turn the volume unit lower and higher does it change? I would try the balance switches well and see if that makes a difference.
    I've gotta play with it more to be sure(r). I don't have a balance dial on my head unit, only fader front-rear.

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

which radio do you have? Offhand can't think of one that has a fader but no balance.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

When I had that issue... it was the connection to the speakers. Had to clean the tabs and reconnect.

In my boxes... the head units/amps were dying. So there's that.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Well the issue didn't appear this morning...
    This is the head unit I have, plus the 4-channel amp in the trunk:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220701_071843.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	107.3 KB 
ID:	58053

Bass, treble, and front to back fader, don't see other adjustments for sound.

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142