No announcement yet.

Moog K8600 upper ball joints ('92-'94) on wholesaler close out at Rock Auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too bad about the damaged/degraded one received, but nice thing about RA especially on wholesaler closeout items is they almost always pop the new one in the mail immediately and don't ask for the old one back. So you may end up with a usable ball joint if you can get a boot on it.

I ordered 4 95-97 front calipers including brackets. They shipped one without the bracket (same PN but box has a sticker that says "N/B" for no bracket). They've shipped the new one and I'm just about positive they won't ask for the original back.

Wish I'd noticed the VC gaskets, I'm gearing up to do the wagon stuff slowly but surely. I have spares of almost all gaskets at any given time, but not those ones.

Current driver: wagon
    Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
    | 88 TC | 91 GM
    Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
    Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
    | Junkyards

Comment

It looks good otherwise... but I don't have the tools to remove those spring clips that hold the boots on.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Improvise.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
        mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

is it an actual retaining ring, or does it look like a wrap of a spring? Spring wrap you can get out with a pick and maybe a custom ground screwdriver to get between the coils and start working it apart enough to pull it apart.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

actual spring wrap... about 2.5 wraps. Now that I think about it, getting that one off probably won't be too bad... it would be getting the new one on. Meh... if I ever need it, I may revisit this.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

It's another blue boot, but this one is thick and intact instead of thin and shredded... so I'm gonna call it good.

Comment

Received my six today. Mix of blue and black boots. Interesting subtle differences from part to part, but they're all marked Moog Problem Solver and there are no visible issues with any of them. Boots are all soft and squishy like I'd hope.

Current driver: wagon
                Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
                | 88 TC | 91 GM
                Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
                Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
                | Junkyards

Comment

Working...
                X