WTB: 1990 CV gauge cluster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: 1990 CV gauge cluster

I'm looking for a 1990/1991 Crown Victoria gauge cluster. Thanks.

Is there any specific piece of the cluster you're after, or just a complete one?
    I have a box full of assorted 90-94 horizontal clusters in various states of disassembly that's destined for the trash if I don't find some sort of use for them.
    At least one should be a US 85MPH 90-91 Ford example.

Current driver: wagon
    Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
    | 88 TC | 91 GM
    Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
    Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
    | Junkyards

Comment

I haven't gotten this cluster apart, yet. Just picked the car up this past Saturday. Has a dead odometer, dead trip odometer, and the speedometer is off by a bit.

I'd prefer a complete cluster, but I can try to pull this one out this coming weekend to see what is broken.

Comment

Originally posted by monterey1962 View Post
        I haven't gotten this cluster apart, yet. Just picked the car up this past Saturday. Has a dead odometer, dead trip odometer, and the speedometer is off by a bit.

I'd prefer a complete cluster, but I can try to pull this one out this coming weekend to see what is broken.
        Ah, alright.
        Forgive me if I'm explaining things you already know. The two odometers have probably had their gears turn to goo and need to be replaced. This would also be true of almost any used cluster at this point as well, unless it's already had new gears put in it.

The speedometer is electronically driven, so I'm not sure there's much of a cure for that other than random chance that another one just happens to be better.

If someone has a complete, known good, and with newer gears cluster, that's probably the option to go for if you don't want to mess with it. If nobody has one like that hanging around, you're going to need to swap some gears. This has very recently been discussed here: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/forum/te...0-91-odometers

Current driver: wagon
        Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
        | 88 TC | 91 GM
        Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
        Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
        | Junkyards

Comment

Been a long time since I've owned a '90/'91. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Pulled it apart tonight. Gears are shot. Ordered new ones. Weird, the '90 and '91 MGM's I had years ago never had this issue.

Comment

That's the thing, "Years ago." We're getting older and so too are the cars. I try not to think about it.
              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
              X