No announcement yet.

Mod Box - 85' Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually prefer the newer style lights for a smoother look.

Comment

Is it just a matter of cutting holes in sheet metal or are their structural members to move?
      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Just holes in the sheet metal. Just the reverse light bulbs are offset. I'll see if I can install a bulb socket that's not as deep so I don't have to cut any holes in the body.

Comment

I like the smoother taillights on the later boxes, looks good. I just like the earlier grilles better, also like the look of flush bumpers. You put heated mirrors on it too? Approaching Lincoln territory
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

No hate from me. I dislike those calf catcher bumpers very much.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

You must be living right man. Everything you touch turns to awesome.
              1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
              1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
              Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
              Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Looks amazing!

Of course, your attention to detail shows once again!
                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I like the smoothly rounded header panel and the blended tail lights they make your car look good.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
                    I know I am gonna get a bunch of hate for this but it's happening. I cut and sectioned bumper filler pieces so they are flush with the body. Not sure what I am gonna do with the tail lights yet as the bulbs don't quite line up with holes in the body.

Just get rid of that ugly rubber piece they have and it'll look 100% better. Also you might be able to get away with running the 88 vic filler panels to do that.

Comment

Looks sweet with the aero box bumpers, always wished they'd made 'em that way. Nice work bean. Makes me want a coyote box even more now, although the 5.4 is probably nice and torquey with the extra stroke.

Comment

6.2 Raptor Box?

Comment

In case you ever wondered how aero bumpers would look with a boxy header and tail lights. No, I am not keeping it this way. The 03' ejected a spark plug yesterday so I was in a panic mode last night slapping those body panels on so I could drive it to work today.

Comment

Wow yuck!

Comment

Shorten the taillights?? I like the older front pieces more than the newer ones. Something about the crisper lines & better looking side markers & grille, newer ones are just kinda flaccid. The rounded boxes just look a bit too modern for me.
                              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

You're not the first person to do that, as it happens (pics attached)...
                                Attached Files

Current driver: wagon
                                Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
                                | 88 TC | 91 GM
                                Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
                                Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
                                | Junkyards

Comment

Working...
                                X